Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.mdaviesplumbing.co.uk. We are located in Aberystwyth, Mid Wales.
GDPR Regulations Regarding Data Privacy
· If you call upon our services, whether for a quotation or for a job to be carried out, we will ask you for contact details including your name, address, phone numbers and email address. We will store this on our cloud-based CRM system that is password protected and assume you are happy with this and that we have your consent to do so.
· We may store these and other relevant details about your property such as type of property, boiler make/model/location, stopcock position, gas meter location and any other information that may be useful for our engineers.
· We will assume that you are happy for us to do so, and that you give consent for us to store and use this data for fulfilment of contract. If you do not want us to store any data or you wish us to change any details we have, just drop us an email or phone call, or use the contact form on our secure website. Certain types of data such as financial records for tax reasons cannot be erased.
· Whilst carrying out work for you we may need to pass your details on to one of our approved contractors or suppliers under the performance of contract area of the lawful processing of your data.
· We may also need to pass you details on to various governing bodies for certain appliance/installation registration purposes.
· We assume that if we carry out works for you we have your consent to use images of our work within your property for marketing and social media purposes. Every care will be taken not to include any reference to you or your address, pictures, personal effects, persons, pets or belongings in the photo.
· We may from time to time contact you via our email marketing platform with details of relevant offers or services, if you do not wish to receive these you may use the unsubscribe option within that email.
· As an individual you have strengthened rights under the new General Data Protection Regulations including the right to rectify any incorrect information we hold, transfer this information to another company, access the information or withdraw the information we hold about you.
· If you send in a CV for a job vacancy we will assume that we have your consent to store your data, even if you are unsuccessful so we may contact you if a similar role becomes available in the future.
· We have CCTV recording within the public area of our shop/office and this data is stored on a loop recording system for the purposes of staff safety and crime prevention. We also have forward facing dash cameras fitted to our fleet of vehicles for crime prevention.
Data used on this web site
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.